Monday 26 January 2015

NAPKIN ART STOOL

NAPKIN ART STOOL
 
 
 
 
  

This little stool was done for my great grandaughter a few years ago now.
 
Step 1
I painted the legs in pink and blue to match the napkin colours of the hydrangeas. This napkin comes with both pink and blue hydrangeas on the same napkin.
 
Check out my Etsy Shop if you would like this napkin:HERE
 
 
Step 2
The top of the stool was painted white. Give it enough coats that the wood does not show through.
 
Step 3
Remove the white tissue layers from the napkin leaving the transparent patterned layer to use on the stool. It is necessary to have a white surface to stick the napkin onto in order to ensure the colours remain vibrant.
 
Step 4
I worked out the layout I wanted and which parts of the design would be glued first. This pattern overlaps so you need to glue the under most layer first and work you way to the top.
 
Step 5
Once the first pieced (pink flowers along the back of the stool top) were glued on and dry I put the next pieces (the green leaves) on and drew a pencil line where the pictures overlapped. I then painted white on the section of the overlap (over the underneath layer to get a white surface to glue the next piece to) and let it dry before I glued the next picture.
 
Step 6
I then continued doing step 5 until the whole top of the stool was covered
 
Step 7
I then coated the whole stool with a clear varnish, a couple of coasts to protect the design and the painted legs.
 
Materials Used


Timber Stool       
Blue, Pink & White Acrylic Paint
Glue - Napkin Glue, Decoupage Paste or Mod Podge is suitable.
Clear Sealer - Mod Podge, Clear Sealer or Clear Varnish that will cover paper and acrylic painted surfaces is all you need.
Paint Brush
Pencil
Scissors to cut out the napkin
 
I hope you find this helpful.
 

HAPPY DOODLING/CRAFTING
 
 



No comments:

Post a Comment