Everyone can Doodle and usually does.
I hope to encourage you to turn your doodles into creative and interesting pieces of art. Learn to use doodling as a way of decorating whatever art or craft you enjoy, and find out how doodling can relax and focus your mind.
From School Teaching to Art and Craft Representative I have learned that I love to teach Art & Craft and see the joy that discovering their creativity brings to people's faces. I live in Queensland Australia & love the laid back lifestyle and the crazy Aussie sense of humour.
I decided to dedicate a page to help those who are addicted to doodling in its many forms. If you need help or counselling please seek help immediately.
The 12 Steps
Start with the following 12 steps if you need to recover from this addiction, and practice each step daily.
1. Do not cover all your walls with doodles. Leave some space for family photos.
2. Do not keep multiple projects going at the same time.
3. Do not buy pens, pencils, markers and sketch pads when you have lots at home.
4. Do not let your drawing area look like your can't stop to clean up.
5. Do not look at everything as if it is your next idea for a doodle.
6. Do not stock up on supplies just because they are on sale.
7. Do not let doodling distract you from fixing dinner, doing the washing and taking the kids to school etc.
8. Do not stay up doodling all night.
9. Do not keep every magazine and piece of junk mail for the patterns you could copy.
10. Do not relegate the kitchen table to doodling only. The family have to eat somewhere.
11. Do not save all packaging for the doodling ideas, you have to throw out some things as rubbish.
12. Do not promise you will quit tomorrow, it never comes.
Other people have different symptoms they have written me about. If you are suffering from any of these behaviors you will need to do them daily as well.
13. Do not lie about going to bed and then stay up another 2 hours doodling. (Nikki let me know about this one)
This 12 Step Program is a good check list if you are not sure you are a Doodleaholic. If you do do, 3 of the 12 items listed you are well on the way to becoming an addict.
STOP NOW BEFORE IT IS TOO LATE & START THIS PROGRAM
I know there are other symptoms of this dreaded addiction.
If you know what they are please add them to the comments below so that I can include them in this 12 Step Program. I think I many have to add a lot more steps, and promise to do so to help those in need.
I am not recovering, I am addicted, I cannot turn away from many of those 12 Steps